APPLY - National Committee Route
To apply through UWC Global Selection Program, see information about UWC Global Selection Program.
Please Read the Following Instructions Carefully prior to starting the application process.
A. APPLICATION FORMS
The 2019 UWC Application Process will commence on 30 January 2019. On that date, application instructions will me made available on our website.
Students should note that the tuition offers cover school fees, room and board. They DO NOT cover airfare, pocket money, medical insurance, visa fees, purchase of academic materials, travel and accommodation during short holidays. Scholarships are offered on a needs-based mechanism. We therefore depend on parental contributions as an important component in ensuring that the students are comfortable throughout their two years.
For 2019, Tanzania has been allocated FOUR offers, applicants will be asked to indicate which offers they wish to be considered for:
- Full tuition + expected total Parental contribution of USD 2,000 per year ($4,000 for both years) to cover expenses and pocket money (excl. airfare)
- Full tuition + expected total Parental contribution of USD 2,050 per year ($4,100 for both years) to cover expenses and pocket money (excl. airfare)
- Full tuition + expected total Parental contribution of USD 3,750 per year ($7500 for both years) to cover expenses and pocket money (excl. airfare)
- Partial Tuition (50%) + expected total Parental contribution of (i) $18, 500 to cover remaining 50% of fees (ii) $1,940 per year ($3,880 for both years) to cover expenses and pocket money (excl. airfare)
C. APPLICATION PACKAGE
The application package will consist of:
- Part 1: Information Parents & Guardians form signed by the applicant and their parent or guardian
- Part 2 :
- Completed and signed Student Application Form
- Two letters of recommendation from your secondary school.
- CSEE candidates – copy of your Form IV results slip
- All other candidates – Complete official transcripts for the last two years of high school
- Copy of birth certificate
We will not receive hard copies or late applications.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and notified of the interview dates.
The interview and assessment weekend will take place over a weekend (two days) in early March 2019.
After the interviews, the committee will send its recommendations to relevant colleges. The colleges will make the final decision and contact the selected students directly.
Should you have any queries with regards to the application, drop us an email at email@example.com.